Disappearing Radiator Coolant
by Bob DeP.
I have a 1992 Oldsmobile Achieva, 6 cylinder. I have to keep putting in coolant and water in the radiator, what can I do?
The first thing you need to do is find out where it is leaking. The easiest way is to get a large piece of cardboard. Then, when you park your car, put the cardboard underneath. In a few hours or the next morning, see where the stains are on the cardboard. This will help you know where to find the leak. Once you have a general location look for any hoses in that area. Once you find the suspect hose, change it. One thing that you must be aware of, once you change the leaky hose, don't be surprised if another one starts leaking right away. Leaks will develop at the weakest point. Shore it up, and it will find the next weakest point.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Protect yourself from buying a lemon of a home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?