- 2 cups tomato juice
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 14 oz. chunk style tuna, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs. dried onion flakes
- 2 Tbs. dried vegetable flakes
- Garlic powder to taste
- 4 medium green bell peppers, tops removed, cored and seeded
Mix the tomato juice and the tomato paste. Set 1/3 of the mixture aside. Mix the remaining tomato mixture with all the other ingredients except the peppers. Fill the peppers equally with the mixture. Place in the slow cooker. Pour the reserved tomato mixture over. Cover. Cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. Serve hot.
Tuna Salad Casserole
- 2 7-oz. cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
Combine all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the crushed potato chips; stir well. Pour into greased crock pot. Top with reserved potato chips. Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 8 hours.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Also In This Week's Issue
- Money skills key to child's future
- 6 steps to a successful money talk with your spouse
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Thrifty stocking stuffers
- Should your kid take a part-time job?
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Healthy family breakfasts
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free parenting tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher for Parents.