Powerless Pontiac Windows
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1989 Pontiac 6000 SE that has power windows. They completely stopped working. Can you tell me what it might be? I feel sure it is an electrical problem because one minute they were working, then the next it just froze up. Both the drivers & passenger's buttons do not work. The power locks still do.
First thing I would check is the fuse panel to make sure that the fuses are all okay. Then, I would move to the driver's window control module. This is the master module that controls all the windows. Troubleshoot from there. First look for primary 12 volts. Then, look for switched 12 volts when operating the switches.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?