Powerless Pontiac Windows
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1989 Pontiac 6000 SE that has power windows. They completely stopped working. Can you tell me what it might be? I feel sure it is an electrical problem because one minute they were working, then the next it just froze up. Both the drivers & passenger's buttons do not work. The power locks still do.
First thing I would check is the fuse panel to make sure that the fuses are all okay. Then, I would move to the driver's window control module. This is the master module that controls all the windows. Troubleshoot from there. First look for primary 12 volts. Then, look for switched 12 volts when operating the switches.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Creating an outdoor kitchen
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Saving on water one drop at a time
- Cheaper summer cooling
- Inexpensive landscaping ideas
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?