Powerless Pontiac Windows
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1989 Pontiac 6000 SE that has power windows. They completely stopped working. Can you tell me what it might be? I feel sure it is an electrical problem because one minute they were working, then the next it just froze up. Both the drivers & passenger's buttons do not work. The power locks still do.
First thing I would check is the fuse panel to make sure that the fuses are all okay. Then, I would move to the driver's window control module. This is the master module that controls all the windows. Troubleshoot from there. First look for primary 12 volts. Then, look for switched 12 volts when operating the switches.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?