10 Helpful Kitchen Cleaning Tips
by Monica Resinger
Here are 10 money and time saving tips to help you in your kitchen.
- Use those leftover slivers of soap to cut expenses! Cut a small pocket in a sponge and place small slivers of leftover soap into it for a sudsy washing sponge.
- Hold a scouring pad underneath a sponge when scrubbing. This will give you a better grip and protect your hands.
- Save time on the dinner dishes. Before serving dinner, run a sink full of very hot soapy water. When everyone is finished eating dinner, tell them to wash and rinse their own plate.
- Use a paint scraper or putty knife to remove baked on or cemented goo from stovetops, countertops or floors.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub hard to reach surfaces such as behind and on faucets.
- Baking soda makes an excellent scouring powder.
- By keeping a spoon rest on the stove, you'll avoid a lot of messy clean-ups.
- Place sticky (honey, syrup, molasses and oil) containers on plastic lids in the cupboard or fridge to avoid sticky messes.
- To get odors out of plastic containers, place crumpled newspaper inside the container and seal it overnight.
- Keep a fillable wand near the kitchen sink and when you have a few spare minutes, wash a few dishes with the wand. This may help you cut down on doing full loads of dishes.
Monica Resinger is a loving wife and doting mother of two who enjoys gardening, painting, dancing and homemaking.
You can check out some of her other articles at http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Monica_Resinger
Take the Next Step
- Tips for cleaning the dirtiest filter in your home
- Find smart tips on how to clean your grout.
- Clean grease and grime from stainless steel pans.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?