10 Helpful Kitchen Cleaning Tips
by Monica Resinger
Here are 10 money and time saving tips to help you in your kitchen.
- Use those leftover slivers of soap to cut expenses! Cut a small pocket in a sponge and place small slivers of leftover soap into it for a sudsy washing sponge.
- Hold a scouring pad underneath a sponge when scrubbing. This will give you a better grip and protect your hands.
- Save time on the dinner dishes. Before serving dinner, run a sink full of very hot soapy water. When everyone is finished eating dinner, tell them to wash and rinse their own plate.
- Use a paint scraper or putty knife to remove baked on or cemented goo from stovetops, countertops or floors.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub hard to reach surfaces such as behind and on faucets.
- Baking soda makes an excellent scouring powder.
- By keeping a spoon rest on the stove, you'll avoid a lot of messy clean-ups.
- Place sticky (honey, syrup, molasses and oil) containers on plastic lids in the cupboard or fridge to avoid sticky messes.
- To get odors out of plastic containers, place crumpled newspaper inside the container and seal it overnight.
- Keep a fillable wand near the kitchen sink and when you have a few spare minutes, wash a few dishes with the wand. This may help you cut down on doing full loads of dishes.
Monica Resinger is a loving wife and doting mother of two who enjoys gardening, painting, dancing and homemaking.
You can check out some of her other articles at http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Monica_Resinger
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?