10 Helpful Kitchen Cleaning Tips
by Monica Resinger
Here are 10 money and time saving tips to help you in your kitchen.
- Use those leftover slivers of soap to cut expenses! Cut a small pocket in a sponge and place small slivers of leftover soap into it for a sudsy washing sponge.
- Hold a scouring pad underneath a sponge when scrubbing. This will give you a better grip and protect your hands.
- Save time on the dinner dishes. Before serving dinner, run a sink full of very hot soapy water. When everyone is finished eating dinner, tell them to wash and rinse their own plate.
- Use a paint scraper or putty knife to remove baked on or cemented goo from stovetops, countertops or floors.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub hard to reach surfaces such as behind and on faucets.
- Baking soda makes an excellent scouring powder.
- By keeping a spoon rest on the stove, you'll avoid a lot of messy clean-ups.
- Place sticky (honey, syrup, molasses and oil) containers on plastic lids in the cupboard or fridge to avoid sticky messes.
- To get odors out of plastic containers, place crumpled newspaper inside the container and seal it overnight.
- Keep a fillable wand near the kitchen sink and when you have a few spare minutes, wash a few dishes with the wand. This may help you cut down on doing full loads of dishes.
Monica Resinger is a loving wife and doting mother of two who enjoys gardening, painting, dancing and homemaking.
You can check out some of her other articles at http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Monica_Resinger
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?