Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
Slow-Cook Once for Multiple Healthy Meals
All-Day Slow Cooker Recipes
Choosing the Best Slow Cooker
Stuffed Honeyed Sweet Potatoes
5 sweet potaotes
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 cup light cream
2 tbs honey
2 tbs dark rum
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbs walnuts, chopped
Wash potatoes; drain excess water. Place damp potatoes in slow-cooking pot. Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or until done.* Cut off the top third of each potato lengthwise and scoop out, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Mash potato pulp with butter, cream, honey, rum, cardamom, and salt. Return mixture to shell. Top with walnuts.
Arrange in shallow baking sheet. Bake in 425 F oven for 15 minutes.
*If desired, potatoes may be refrigerated at this point, then scooped out and filled just before serving. Add about 5 or 10 mintues to baking time if potatoes are cold.
Sweet Sweet Potatoes
2 pounds sweet potatoes -- peeled, grated
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup butter -- melted
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup broken pecans, toasted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1/4 tsp vanilla
In a crock pot, combine potatoes, honey, butter, coconut, pecans and cinnamon. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in coconut and vanilla extracts.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at ChetDay.com
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator