Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
Slow-Cook Once for Multiple Healthy Meals
All-Day Slow Cooker Recipes
Choosing the Best Slow Cooker
Stuffed Honeyed Sweet Potatoes
5 sweet potaotes
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 cup light cream
2 tbs honey
2 tbs dark rum
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbs walnuts, chopped
Wash potatoes; drain excess water. Place damp potatoes in slow-cooking pot. Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or until done.* Cut off the top third of each potato lengthwise and scoop out, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Mash potato pulp with butter, cream, honey, rum, cardamom, and salt. Return mixture to shell. Top with walnuts.
Arrange in shallow baking sheet. Bake in 425 F oven for 15 minutes.
*If desired, potatoes may be refrigerated at this point, then scooped out and filled just before serving. Add about 5 or 10 mintues to baking time if potatoes are cold.
Sweet Sweet Potatoes
2 pounds sweet potatoes -- peeled, grated
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup butter -- melted
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup broken pecans, toasted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1/4 tsp vanilla
In a crock pot, combine potatoes, honey, butter, coconut, pecans and cinnamon. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in coconut and vanilla extracts.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at ChetDay.com
Trending on TDS
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Natural congestion remedies
- Why reuseable snack bags make sense Giveaway
- Family Halloween costumes
- A teen clothing allowance
- Halloween on a dime
- Beating the high cost of bedwetting
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- October deals at the supermarket and beyond
- Why women are dropping out of the workforce
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator