Gas in the Oil
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I went to my oil mechanic today and he told me that I had gas in my oil. He told me that it would be dangerous for me to drive it until I get it to the mechanic. I made a appointment today for the mechanic but I cannot get in until 2 days later. What kind of problem am I looking at and how much is it going to cost me? I'm really worried!!!
Was your car recently hard to start? Did you crank and crank and crank to finally get it started? If so, then you most likely flooded the engine and the gas ran down into the oil. A simple oil change will clear this up. However, if that was not the case, then you probably have a leaking fuel injector. Gas in the oil is not a good thing. Have a mechanic check it out.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?