Gas in the Oil
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I went to my oil mechanic today and he told me that I had gas in my oil. He told me that it would be dangerous for me to drive it until I get it to the mechanic. I made a appointment today for the mechanic but I cannot get in until 2 days later. What kind of problem am I looking at and how much is it going to cost me? I'm really worried!!!
Was your car recently hard to start? Did you crank and crank and crank to finally get it started? If so, then you most likely flooded the engine and the gas ran down into the oil. A simple oil change will clear this up. However, if that was not the case, then you probably have a leaking fuel injector. Gas in the oil is not a good thing. Have a mechanic check it out.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?