Gas in the Oil
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I went to my oil mechanic today and he told me that I had gas in my oil. He told me that it would be dangerous for me to drive it until I get it to the mechanic. I made a appointment today for the mechanic but I cannot get in until 2 days later. What kind of problem am I looking at and how much is it going to cost me? I'm really worried!!!
Was your car recently hard to start? Did you crank and crank and crank to finally get it started? If so, then you most likely flooded the engine and the gas ran down into the oil. A simple oil change will clear this up. However, if that was not the case, then you probably have a leaking fuel injector. Gas in the oil is not a good thing. Have a mechanic check it out.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.