Gas in the Oil
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I went to my oil mechanic today and he told me that I had gas in my oil. He told me that it would be dangerous for me to drive it until I get it to the mechanic. I made a appointment today for the mechanic but I cannot get in until 2 days later. What kind of problem am I looking at and how much is it going to cost me? I'm really worried!!!
Was your car recently hard to start? Did you crank and crank and crank to finally get it started? If so, then you most likely flooded the engine and the gas ran down into the oil. A simple oil change will clear this up. However, if that was not the case, then you probably have a leaking fuel injector. Gas in the oil is not a good thing. Have a mechanic check it out.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- Buying carpet for less
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 7 low-cost ways to beat the heat
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- DIY furniture remakes
- Inexpensive ways to change color of laminate countertops
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?