Chile and Corn Chip Meatloaf
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 small green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
Crush corn chips until they are coarse crumbs. In a large bowl, combine corn chips, green chile, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir in egg, half of the tomato sauce, and the ground beef. Form mixture into an eight inch loaf. Place loaf on a trivet in your crockpot. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over loaf. Cover and cook on Low about four hrs or until done.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at Chetday.com
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator