Chile and Corn Chip Meatloaf
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 small green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
Crush corn chips until they are coarse crumbs. In a large bowl, combine corn chips, green chile, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir in egg, half of the tomato sauce, and the ground beef. Form mixture into an eight inch loaf. Place loaf on a trivet in your crockpot. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over loaf. Cover and cook on Low about four hrs or until done.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at Chetday.com
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator