Switching to Synthetic Oil
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My name is Paul from Ohio, and I just purchased a 02' Toyota Tacoma 4X4 V-6. I have only 1,500 miles currently on the vehicle. My question is when I should switch to synthetic? I have heard that you should wait until about 10,000 miles to let the pistons "set" properly. What do you think? I would like to start as soon as possible. Also, other than Amsoil, is Mobile 1 the best alternative to Amsoil? Does synthetic really make a difference?
I would say that you could switch as soon as 1500 miles. If not that soon, then at most by 3k. I personally like Castrol full synthetic. I use that in all my vehicles.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?