Switching to Synthetic Oil
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My name is Paul from Ohio, and I just purchased a 02' Toyota Tacoma 4X4 V-6. I have only 1,500 miles currently on the vehicle. My question is when I should switch to synthetic? I have heard that you should wait until about 10,000 miles to let the pistons "set" properly. What do you think? I would like to start as soon as possible. Also, other than Amsoil, is Mobile 1 the best alternative to Amsoil? Does synthetic really make a difference?
I would say that you could switch as soon as 1500 miles. If not that soon, then at most by 3k. I personally like Castrol full synthetic. I use that in all my vehicles.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?