Switching to Synthetic Oil
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My name is Paul from Ohio, and I just purchased a 02' Toyota Tacoma 4X4 V-6. I have only 1,500 miles currently on the vehicle. My question is when I should switch to synthetic? I have heard that you should wait until about 10,000 miles to let the pistons "set" properly. What do you think? I would like to start as soon as possible. Also, other than Amsoil, is Mobile 1 the best alternative to Amsoil? Does synthetic really make a difference?
I would say that you could switch as soon as 1500 miles. If not that soon, then at most by 3k. I personally like Castrol full synthetic. I use that in all my vehicles.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?