courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Plan for Winter's Worst
A Winter Emergency Kit
My wife's heater works, but the fan that pushes the air out does not. What needs to be done to fix this problem? Is there a motor to the fan, or will I have to replace the entire heater? What can I do, and will it be expensive? Thank you for your time.
The fan blower assembly is separate from the heater core. You can normally see (and have access to) it from the engine compartment. There may be a panel bolted to the firewall with a lot of smaller screws holding it on. The panel may also be glued on. Another place to check would be the fan speed select switch to make sure that it is operating correctly.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?