The Romance Survival Kit
by Michael Webb
The Importance of Romantic Rituals
Don't Penny Pinch the Romance out of Your Marriage
Athena and I are rarely apart. I'm grateful for that. Some couples aren't that fortunate. Many people are separated often because of their jobs. Others begin their relationship apart as in the case when you meet someone over the Internet or on vacation.
If you and your sweetheart are distanced from time to time you might want to think about creating a romance survival kit. It's a way to help your loved one remember you when many miles are separating the two of you.
Here are some suggested items to include. You can probably come up with dozens more that would be meaningful to your relationship.
- A photo of you, pets, children, house or whatever else is special.
- A scent of your perfume/cologne on a pillowcase
- A tin of his or her favorite goodies made just for them.
- A prepaid calling card. Email is great but it doesn't compare to hearing your voice.
- A love letter (hand written on stationary) that they can read over and over again.
- A paper chain (that's an idea in my book) to count down the days until you are back together.
You can read more long distance ideas at: www.theromantic.com/stories/longdistance/main.htm Michael Webb is the author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. You can order at www.amazon.com or for 1000s more of Michael's free tips, visit TheRomantic.com
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator