Asparagus Vegetable Medley
2 lbs. asparagus cut into 1" pieces
2 large leeks (white part only), rinsed well and halved lengthwise and sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup homemade or canned vegetable broth
1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
2 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, crushed
1-2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
In your crock pot, mix together the asparagus, leeks, green and red bell peppers, broth, 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the dill weed, and 1 teaspoon of the tarragon. Vover and cook on the low heat setting 5 to 5 1/2 hours, or until the asparagus is tender but still slightly crisp. Drain off and discard the cooking liquid. Mix in the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Add olive oil to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator