Asparagus Vegetable Medley
2 lbs. asparagus cut into 1" pieces
2 large leeks (white part only), rinsed well and halved lengthwise and sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup homemade or canned vegetable broth
1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
2 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, crushed
1-2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
In your crock pot, mix together the asparagus, leeks, green and red bell peppers, broth, 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the dill weed, and 1 teaspoon of the tarragon. Vover and cook on the low heat setting 5 to 5 1/2 hours, or until the asparagus is tender but still slightly crisp. Drain off and discard the cooking liquid. Mix in the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Add olive oil to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator