Asparagus Vegetable Medley
2 lbs. asparagus cut into 1" pieces
2 large leeks (white part only), rinsed well and halved lengthwise and sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup homemade or canned vegetable broth
1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
2 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, crushed
1-2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
In your crock pot, mix together the asparagus, leeks, green and red bell peppers, broth, 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the dill weed, and 1 teaspoon of the tarragon. Vover and cook on the low heat setting 5 to 5 1/2 hours, or until the asparagus is tender but still slightly crisp. Drain off and discard the cooking liquid. Mix in the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Add olive oil to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator