Asparagus Vegetable Medley
2 lbs. asparagus cut into 1" pieces
2 large leeks (white part only), rinsed well and halved lengthwise and sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup homemade or canned vegetable broth
1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
2 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, crushed
1-2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
In your crock pot, mix together the asparagus, leeks, green and red bell peppers, broth, 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the dill weed, and 1 teaspoon of the tarragon. Vover and cook on the low heat setting 5 to 5 1/2 hours, or until the asparagus is tender but still slightly crisp. Drain off and discard the cooking liquid. Mix in the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Add olive oil to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator