Strange Honda Noises
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '96 Honda LX and it's been working fine for years now. Just recently I notice that sometimes, and rarely does this happen, when I shut down my engine, it sounds as if the engine is still running, or some fan or some sort is still on. I don't know if this is normal in the engine or not, but it only happens occasionally. I thought it might just be the engine cooling itself off after a long ride but I never noticed it before. Thanks a bunch...
What you are hearing is most likely the electric radiator fan. It will stay running (even after shut down) until it's sensors determine that the coolant is cool enough. You probably never paid any attention to it before and that is why you didn't hear it.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?