Strange Honda Noises
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '96 Honda LX and it's been working fine for years now. Just recently I notice that sometimes, and rarely does this happen, when I shut down my engine, it sounds as if the engine is still running, or some fan or some sort is still on. I don't know if this is normal in the engine or not, but it only happens occasionally. I thought it might just be the engine cooling itself off after a long ride but I never noticed it before. Thanks a bunch...
What you are hearing is most likely the electric radiator fan. It will stay running (even after shut down) until it's sensors determine that the coolant is cool enough. You probably never paid any attention to it before and that is why you didn't hear it.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?