Strange Honda Noises
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '96 Honda LX and it's been working fine for years now. Just recently I notice that sometimes, and rarely does this happen, when I shut down my engine, it sounds as if the engine is still running, or some fan or some sort is still on. I don't know if this is normal in the engine or not, but it only happens occasionally. I thought it might just be the engine cooling itself off after a long ride but I never noticed it before. Thanks a bunch...
What you are hearing is most likely the electric radiator fan. It will stay running (even after shut down) until it's sensors determine that the coolant is cool enough. You probably never paid any attention to it before and that is why you didn't hear it.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?