Strange Honda Noises
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '96 Honda LX and it's been working fine for years now. Just recently I notice that sometimes, and rarely does this happen, when I shut down my engine, it sounds as if the engine is still running, or some fan or some sort is still on. I don't know if this is normal in the engine or not, but it only happens occasionally. I thought it might just be the engine cooling itself off after a long ride but I never noticed it before. Thanks a bunch...
What you are hearing is most likely the electric radiator fan. It will stay running (even after shut down) until it's sensors determine that the coolant is cool enough. You probably never paid any attention to it before and that is why you didn't hear it.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?