Chicken and Grapes
- 4 to 6 boned skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. dry sherry or white wine
- 8-12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbs. water
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
Place chicken, butter, lemon juice, sherry, mushrooms, and salt and pepper in the crock-pot Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and grapes during the last 45 minutes. (May be cooked on high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours, adding grapes the last 20 minutes.) Serve over rice. This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Preparing your home for sale
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- 4 ways to extend the life of your car
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?