Chicken and Grapes
- 4 to 6 boned skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. dry sherry or white wine
- 8-12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbs. water
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
Place chicken, butter, lemon juice, sherry, mushrooms, and salt and pepper in the crock-pot Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and grapes during the last 45 minutes. (May be cooked on high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours, adding grapes the last 20 minutes.) Serve over rice. This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?