courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
What is known as a nox failure in emissions testing?
It is called NOX. NOX is short for oxides of nitrogen. It is a by-product of combustion. Basically it means your system is running too lean (not enough fuel). There are not too many ways to correct this problem other than the EGR system and/or replacing the catalytic converter. Make sure that the fuel pressure is correct. To low pressure could also cause this.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How to hire an affordable, reliable housesitter
- Helping your adult children with housing
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Installing bathroom in-floor heat
- Natural homemade laundry soap recipes
- How to reduce heating bills this winter
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?