Strange Sounding Explorer
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I drive a 11 year-old Ford Explorer with 185k miles. When you are going highway speed it sounds like a airplane is taking off. And when you slow down the sound winds down. When you give it gas, it makes a clunking noise. Any suggestions?
Hmm, your problem can be one of three things that come to mind right off the bat:
1) Your tires are not a very good road quality tire, but more of an off road type
2) You have a major vacuum leak
3) Your exhaust is partially plugged making that sound.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?