Strange Sounding Explorer
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I drive a 11 year-old Ford Explorer with 185k miles. When you are going highway speed it sounds like a airplane is taking off. And when you slow down the sound winds down. When you give it gas, it makes a clunking noise. Any suggestions?
Hmm, your problem can be one of three things that come to mind right off the bat:
1) Your tires are not a very good road quality tire, but more of an off road type
2) You have a major vacuum leak
3) Your exhaust is partially plugged making that sound.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?