Strange Sounding Explorer
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I drive a 11 year-old Ford Explorer with 185k miles. When you are going highway speed it sounds like a airplane is taking off. And when you slow down the sound winds down. When you give it gas, it makes a clunking noise. Any suggestions?
Hmm, your problem can be one of three things that come to mind right off the bat:
1) Your tires are not a very good road quality tire, but more of an off road type
2) You have a major vacuum leak
3) Your exhaust is partially plugged making that sound.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?