Where's the Humming Coming From?
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a '97 Ford Explorer (V8). When I go over 50 MPH, the car makes a humming noise. I had the tires re-balanced and the noise is still there. Please help. I am not a mechanic, but I like to do the work myself.
It sounds like you may have a wheel bearing or a u-joint going out. You will need to pin down where you hear the noise coming from to be more precise.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 12 frugal tips for a warm home
- The many uses for baking soda
- What you need to know about home maintenance schedules
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?