Where's the Humming Coming From?
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a '97 Ford Explorer (V8). When I go over 50 MPH, the car makes a humming noise. I had the tires re-balanced and the noise is still there. Please help. I am not a mechanic, but I like to do the work myself.
It sounds like you may have a wheel bearing or a u-joint going out. You will need to pin down where you hear the noise coming from to be more precise.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?