contributed by Chet's Crock
I don't know about you, but I'm just a nutcase for Mexican food, and we have it here at Casa Day at least once a week. I came upon a good Mexican recipe recently that I want to share with you today.
2 pounds frozen turkey thighs, thawed and skinned
1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. chili powder
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
8 large flour tortillas at room temperature
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup sour cream
Diced fresh tomatoes
Place turkey thighs in a slow-cooker. Add tomato sauce, chilies, onion, Worcestershire, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. Remove turkey from bones and discard the bones. Shred the turkey and return to pot. Stir to combine well with sauce. Spoon meat and sauce onto a tortilla and roll up. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator