contributed by Chet's Crock
I don't know about you, but I'm just a nutcase for Mexican food, and we have it here at Casa Day at least once a week. I came upon a good Mexican recipe recently that I want to share with you today.
2 pounds frozen turkey thighs, thawed and skinned
1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. chili powder
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
8 large flour tortillas at room temperature
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup sour cream
Diced fresh tomatoes
Place turkey thighs in a slow-cooker. Add tomato sauce, chilies, onion, Worcestershire, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. Remove turkey from bones and discard the bones. Shred the turkey and return to pot. Stir to combine well with sauce. Spoon meat and sauce onto a tortilla and roll up. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com
Trending on TDS
- Selling kids' clothes hassle free online
- Free consignment clothing
- Inexpensive storybook costumes
- 10 things you can stop buying at the grocery store
- Money-saving tips for large families
- Start a baby-sitting co-op
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in September
- Teen texting-while-driving cost: No LOL
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator