contributed by Chet's Crock
I don't know about you, but I'm just a nutcase for Mexican food, and we have it here at Casa Day at least once a week. I came upon a good Mexican recipe recently that I want to share with you today.
2 pounds frozen turkey thighs, thawed and skinned
1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. chili powder
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
8 large flour tortillas at room temperature
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup sour cream
Diced fresh tomatoes
Place turkey thighs in a slow-cooker. Add tomato sauce, chilies, onion, Worcestershire, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. Remove turkey from bones and discard the bones. Shred the turkey and return to pot. Stir to combine well with sauce. Spoon meat and sauce onto a tortilla and roll up. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 12 best bargains for shoppers in April
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 8 habits that plug parental spending leaks
- 3 great low-cost summer activities with kids
- Keeping your pet out of the economic doghouse
- Frugal living ideas for large families Readers' Solutions
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator