contributed by Chet's Crock
I don't know about you, but I'm just a nutcase for Mexican food, and we have it here at Casa Day at least once a week. I came upon a good Mexican recipe recently that I want to share with you today.
2 pounds frozen turkey thighs, thawed and skinned
1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. chili powder
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
8 large flour tortillas at room temperature
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup sour cream
Diced fresh tomatoes
Place turkey thighs in a slow-cooker. Add tomato sauce, chilies, onion, Worcestershire, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. Remove turkey from bones and discard the bones. Shred the turkey and return to pot. Stir to combine well with sauce. Spoon meat and sauce onto a tortilla and roll up. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Teaching small children about wants and needs
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- 10 kid-friendly tips for surviving long winter days
- Keeping your toddler warm at night
- Home remedies for colds and flus
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- December bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- A dozen things you should buy in December
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator