Braised Chicken with Onions, Potatoes and Peas
contributed by Chet's Crock
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons paprika, Hungarian
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
6 large onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp. chicken bouillon powder
12 small red potatoes, unpeeled and halved
1 10-ounce package frozen green peas
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry. Season with the paprika, salt and pepper.
Place all vegetables on the bottom of the slow-cooker, potatoes first, and then put the meat on top. Season with the bouillon powder. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender and the chicken is done. Cook 7 to 10 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Birthday party ideas for a tween girl
- Frugal vacation plans for your pet
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- Preventing summer crime
- Frugal family road trips
- Family reunion on a shoestring
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator