TDS readers' best tips for inexpensivly cleaning laminate floors
Readers Respond: Cleaning Laminate Floors
Cleaning Engineered Hardwood Floors
Homemade Floor Cleaners
Tools, Tricks, and Techniques for No Wax Floors
Can I Use a Steam Cleaner on Hard Wood Flooring
Call the Avon Lady
Since I got my laminate floors in the kitchen and adjoining family room (big area) I have used Avon Bubble bath. You can use that stuff for so many things. Does a great job on chandeliers also. Just ask an Avon lady for a printout of what you can use it for. Or maybe it is on their site.
It's Not Working!
I am very confused. Our Armstrong laminate floors began to buckle and come a part. We had an inspector come and look at them. I told him all I use is water and vinegar. He advised me not to use that again. The best thing to get is a laminate floor cleaner at Home Depot. What shall I do?
Know the Trick
There is a trick to washing laminate flooring. You have to use a cellulose sponge mop. No other will do as this kind is very absorbent. You also cannot leave any water on the floor. Wring out the mop as dry as you can and sponge mop the floor. There also is nothing wrong with vinegar and water, no need to buy expensive laminate floor cleaners.
Help! I Can't Find My Cleaner
I have Pergo floors in my kitchen and dining room. I have a wonderful cleaner that I got from the company that installed the floor. That company is no longer in our town and I'm looking for this cleaner. All the bottle says is the following: specially developed for Pergo flooring, improved formula spray cleaner, Spray Limpieze, Le Spray Nettoyant, 22 Fluid Ounces, and Perstorp Flooring. Have you heard of this cleaner? Know where I can purchase it?
For all of your home improvement projects, shop at Homedepot.com!
Homemade Cleaning Solution
I use a splash of vinegar, a splash of Lysol disinfectant and plain water in a spray bottle. Then, I just spray an area, mop and let dry. My floors look great!
Take the Next Step:
- See if the Euro-Pro Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop S3601 might be a good option for your laminate floors.
- Learn how to remove scratches from laminate flooring.
- Take care of no-wax floors with these simple guidelines and tips.
- Discover the best (and cheapest!) ways to keep all of your floors looking like new, from laminate to tile to carpet, by visiting the Dollar Stretcher Library.
- Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day? Dollar Stretcher Tips readers think so. Subscribe and find out how many ideas stretch your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
See part one of caring for and cleaning laminate flooring.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?