TDS readers' best tips for inexpensivly cleaning laminate floors
Readers Respond: Cleaning Laminate Floors
Cleaning Wood Laminates
Homemade Floor Cleaners
Tools, Tricks, and Techniques for No Wax Floors
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share about cleaning laminate flooring. Read the original article here.
Call the Avon Lady
Since I got my laminate floors in the kitchen and adjoining family room (big area) I have used Avon Bubble bath. You can use that stuff for so many things. Does a great job on chandeliers also. Just ask an Avon lady for a printout of what you can use it for. Or maybe it is on their site.
It's Not Working!
I am very confused. Our Armstrong laminate floors began to buckle and come a part. We had an inspector come and look at them. I told him all I use is water and vinegar. He advised me not to use that again. The best thing to get is a laminate floor cleaner at Home and Depot. What shall I do?
Know the Trick
There is a trick to washing laminate flooring. You have to use a cellulose sponge mop. No other will do as this kind is very absorbent. You also cannot leave any water on the floor. Wring out the mop as dry as you can and sponge mop the floor. There also is nothing wrong with vinegar and water, no need to buy expensive laminate floor cleaners.
Help! I Can't Find My Cleaner
I have Pergo floors in my kitchen and dining room. I have a wonderful cleaner that I got from the company that installed the floor. That company is no longer in our town and I'm looking for this cleaner. All the bottle says is the following: specially developed for Pergo flooring, improved formula spray cleaner, Spray Limpieze, Le Spray Nettoyant, 22 Fluid Ounces, and Perstorp Flooring. Have you heard of this cleaner? Know where I can purchase it?
Homemade Cleaning Solution
I use a splash of vinegar, a splash of Lysol disinfectant and plain water in a spray bottle. THen, I just spray an area, mop and let dry. My floors look great!
Take the Next Step:
- Check out the Euro-Pro Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop S3601 .
- Find out if you can use a steam cleaner on wood flooring.
- Take care of no-wax floors.
- Get more great time and money saving ideas in your inbox. Subscribe to Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter, a twice weekly look at how to stretch your day and your dollar!
Discuss "Cleaning No No's" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?