by Nita Holstine
Organizing Your Pantry
An Organized Pantry
Do you ever find a great bargain on something you always use and wish you could buy a dozen? Probably enough to last you a year. But you can't because you don't have room to keep them. Maybe you could keep them but then you wouldn't be able to find them when they were needed.
I found the perfect spot when I needed this kind of extra storage and pantry space. It had to be cool and dark, handy yet not in the way of traffic. It was the back closet. A little fall cleaning and it was easy enough to condense items. Closet organizers are wonderful, but I had a bookshelf that worked just fine and holds my many "pantry" items. Close the door and it looks like a regular closet.
Now, when we visit the local bulk and truckload specials warehouse, we buy at least enough not to make a trip again for several months. Hey, that's saving even more money!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Ways to reuse an entertainment center
- The cost of using your clothes dryer
- Hay bale gardens
- Priortizing home repair projects
- Great ideas for decorating your entry on a dime
- Easy, inexpensive ways to grow from seed
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?