by Nita Holstine
Organizing Your Pantry
An Organized Pantry
Do you ever find a great bargain on something you always use and wish you could buy a dozen? Probably enough to last you a year. But you can't because you don't have room to keep them. Maybe you could keep them but then you wouldn't be able to find them when they were needed.
I found the perfect spot when I needed this kind of extra storage and pantry space. It had to be cool and dark, handy yet not in the way of traffic. It was the back closet. A little fall cleaning and it was easy enough to condense items. Closet organizers are wonderful, but I had a bookshelf that worked just fine and holds my many "pantry" items. Close the door and it looks like a regular closet.
Now, when we visit the local bulk and truckload specials warehouse, we buy at least enough not to make a trip again for several months. Hey, that's saving even more money!
Nita Holstine is the Editor of PhancyPages Communiquè. Inviting you to sign up for your FREE email newsletter. www.phancypages.com
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?