Readers Respond: How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in the House
Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me!
"Bored" of the Flies
Pesky Flying Insects
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
I've tried everything to get rid of these gnats or fruit flies! Ugh! They really made me sick and I couldn't even eat without them right there. Finally, my mom suggested rubbing alcohol. I put a sprayer (Windex spray bottle sprayer) on a bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol that you can buy from the store and they are dying. They were dropping to the ground. Kind of chasing them in the kitchen but well worth the fight. More like playing hide and seek! I am the winner. It really works. Used it in my bathroom where they began forming and they are dead gone.
Take the Next Step:
- Try these natural insect repellents.
- Learn more ways to get rid of flies.
- More great simple living ideas in Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. A twice weekly look at how to live better for less!
Join the discussion on fruit flies in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?