Readers Respond: How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in the House
Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me!
"Bored" of the Flies
Pesky Flying Insects
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
I've tried everything to get rid of these gnats or fruit flies! Ugh! They really made me sick and I couldn't even eat without them right there. Finally, my mom suggested rubbing alcohol. I put a sprayer (Windex spray bottle sprayer) on a bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol that you can buy from the store and they are dying. They were dropping to the ground. Kind of chasing them in the kitchen but well worth the fight. More like playing hide and seek! I am the winner. It really works. Used it in my bathroom where they began forming and they are dead gone.
Take the Next Step:
- Try these natural insect repellents.
- Learn more ways to get rid of flies.
- More great simple living ideas in Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. A twice weekly look at how to live better for less!
Join the discussion on fruit flies in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?