Readers Respond: How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in the House
Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me!
"Bored" of the Flies
Pesky Flying Insects
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
I've tried everything to get rid of these gnats or fruit flies! Ugh! They really made me sick and I couldn't even eat without them right there. Finally, my mom suggested rubbing alcohol. I put a sprayer (Windex spray bottle sprayer) on a bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol that you can buy from the store and they are dying. They were dropping to the ground. Kind of chasing them in the kitchen but well worth the fight. More like playing hide and seek! I am the winner. It really works. Used it in my bathroom where they began forming and they are dead gone.
Take the Next Step:
- Try these natural insect repellents.
- Learn more ways to get rid of flies.
- More great simple living ideas in Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. A twice weekly look at how to live better for less!
Join the discussion on fruit flies in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?