Readers Respond: How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in the House
Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me!
"Bored" of the Flies
Pesky Flying Insects
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
I've tried everything to get rid of these gnats or fruit flies! Ugh! They really made me sick and I couldn't even eat without them right there. Finally, my mom suggested rubbing alcohol. I put a sprayer (Windex spray bottle sprayer) on a bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol that you can buy from the store and they are dying. They were dropping to the ground. Kind of chasing them in the kitchen but well worth the fight. More like playing hide and seek! I am the winner. It really works. Used it in my bathroom where they began forming and they are dead gone.
Take the Next Step:
- Try these natural insect repellents.
- Learn more ways to get rid of flies.
- More great simple living ideas in Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. A twice weekly look at how to live better for less!
Join the discussion on fruit flies in The Dollar Stretcher Community.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?