Big Savings on Natural Beauty Products
contributed by JS
My Story: Homemade Masks and Scrubs
Fantastic Homemade Facial Masks
Save money, have healthier skin, and have fun by using many natural items purchased at your local grocery store to cleanse and moisturize your skin.
Plain cultured skim milk yogurt works great as a cold cream to wash your face. Just make sure to rinse thoroughly. It works wonderfully for all types of skin.
Tone your face using cucumbers. The cucumbers can be thinly sliced or juiced. And be sure to rinse thoroughly.
Make a milk bath by pouring a cup of non-fat dry milk into your bathtub as the warm water is running. You can also use oatmeal for a wonderful treat. It will soften as well as exfoliate your skin. Place whole oats into a muslin bag (or a large white handkerchief), tie to keep the oats in the bag, and place in your tub as the water runs. The oat juice softens your skin and you can use the muslin bag to rub over your skin. This will gently exfoliate your skin.
Finally, to moisturize your body (or dry facial skin), purchase a light oil from the grocery store. I recommend almond oil, but you can try avocado oil as well. Place some in a glass or plastic bottle. Add a few drops of your favorite scent or oil essence. (I like lavender.) Add only a small amount of scent or essence at a time until you get the proportions the way you want them.
After every bath and shower, while your skin is still damp, place a small amount of your fragrant body oil into the palms of your hands and rub it into you skin. Be sure to finish off by massaging the oil into your nails and cuticles. This will keep them healthy. Sometimes I complete the process by gently running my hands through my hair. At this point, there shouldn't be much oil left on your hands so it won't make your hair oily. It will nourish your hair, however.
Experiment with other natural ingredients. Add mashed strawberries to your yogurt for skin that is on the oily to normal side and use as a mask. Honey makes a wonderful mask as well. Have fun!
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money please send it to MyStory@ stretcher.com
Take the Next Step:
- Check out e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face) cosmetics for great deals on makeup.
- Check health and beauty products at Cheapism.com before making a purchasing decision.
Discuss "Brandy's Secrets to Beauty" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- How to make your printer ink cartridges last longer
- Share your skills and make some extra cash
- Budget freindly ways to look younger
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Stay in style on a budget
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Yard sale etiquette
- 9 social media no-nos that can get you fired
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- 6 travel scams to avoid on your next trip
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke