Mexican Pork and Black Beans
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 pound black beans, cooked
1 pound boneless pork sirloin, cut in 1" cubes
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. salt
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
16 ounces stewed tomatoes, broken up
2 cups water
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro leaves
Put beans in slow-cooker. Toss pork with chili powder, coriander and salt. Lightly brown onion and garlic with pork in ungreased skillet. Mix tomatoes into slow-cooker with their juice. Add meat, pepper and 2 cups water. Cover and cook 9 hours on LOW. Ladle over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- How to get retired parents to spend money on themselves
- Video: Avoiding vacation debt & regret
- Let's play with edible clay!
- How to create an outside science wall for your kids
- Great ways to give gifts
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in September
- Teen texting-while-driving cost: No LOL
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator