Mexican Pork and Black Beans
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 pound black beans, cooked
1 pound boneless pork sirloin, cut in 1" cubes
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. salt
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
16 ounces stewed tomatoes, broken up
2 cups water
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro leaves
Put beans in slow-cooker. Toss pork with chili powder, coriander and salt. Lightly brown onion and garlic with pork in ungreased skillet. Mix tomatoes into slow-cooker with their juice. Add meat, pepper and 2 cups water. Cover and cook 9 hours on LOW. Ladle over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Teaching small children about wants and needs
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- 10 kid-friendly tips for surviving long winter days
- Keeping your toddler warm at night
- Home remedies for colds and flus
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- December bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- A dozen things you should buy in December
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator