Mexican Pork and Black Beans
courtesy of Chet's Crock
1 pound black beans, cooked
1 pound boneless pork sirloin, cut in 1" cubes
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. salt
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
16 ounces stewed tomatoes, broken up
2 cups water
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro leaves
Put beans in slow-cooker. Toss pork with chili powder, coriander and salt. Lightly brown onion and garlic with pork in ungreased skillet. Mix tomatoes into slow-cooker with their juice. Add meat, pepper and 2 cups water. Cover and cook 9 hours on LOW. Ladle over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator