Readers Respond: Inexpensive Flea Treatments
Natural Flea Prevention
My Story: Natural Flea Control
Pets on a Budget
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Puppy's Health First, Saving Money Second
Be careful about trying to save money on pet medications. We thought we'd try to save some money on vaccinations and bought some at a farm supply store on the recommendation of a frugal friend. The vaccine was the "7-in-1" shot that puppies need. Our puppy went into anaphylactic shock (trip to vet for after hours emergency = $$$). Luckily, our puppy pulled through fine, but a month later, she came down with parvo (probably due to not getting adequate protection from the vaccine we gave her). Once again, we are lucky she pulled through, but only after lots more money to the vet! When we got our next puppy, we gladly paid the vet bills to keep her healthy!
Take the Next Step:
- Save on your pet's medications at 1-800-PetMeds
Discuss "Flea Problem" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator