Readers Respond: Inexpensive Flea Treatments
Natural Flea Prevention
My Story: Natural Flea Control
Pets on a Budget
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Puppy's Health First, Saving Money Second
Be careful about trying to save money on pet medications. We thought we'd try to save some money on vaccinations and bought some at a farm supply store on the recommendation of a frugal friend. The vaccine was the "7-in-1" shot that puppies need. Our puppy went into anaphylactic shock (trip to vet for after hours emergency = $$$). Luckily, our puppy pulled through fine, but a month later, she came down with parvo (probably due to not getting adequate protection from the vaccine we gave her). Once again, we are lucky she pulled through, but only after lots more money to the vet! When we got our next puppy, we gladly paid the vet bills to keep her healthy!
Take the Next Step:
- Stop overpaying for your pet's medications. See how much 1-800-PetMeds can help you save.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Ways to reduce the financial and emotional costs of a divorce
- Surprising reasons to have family meal time
- Will your family be taken care of if something happens to you?
- How to teach kids about compound interest
- This week's Readers' Tips