My Story: Exercising at Home
contributed by J of MA
12 Ways to Frugal Fitness
Losing Weight While You Watch TV
When You Can't Afford the Gym
Number 10: Getting outside activity is healthy. (After writing out checks for bills, I needed to go to the bank and the post office. It was 10 degrees outside, with a wind chill factor below zero. I dressed in layers and went for a walk. I also stopped to have a bagel and coffee. It was a nice, spiritual morning.)
Number 9: I have several exercise and yoga videos at home.
Number 8: I have hand weights at home.
Number 7: I have an old exercise bicycle that was obtained for free.
Number 6: I can exercise whenever I want. I don't have to concern myself with crowds at the gym or class schedules.
Number 5: I can incorporate certain exercises into my daily activities, an exercise here and an exercise there. Before I know it, I have done 15 minutes of exercise, which is better than no exercise.
Number 4: Whenever I do the exercises at home using the video, the instructor always tells me what a good job I have done. And it does not matter how I look either.
Number 3: The exercise makes me feel better. My aches and pains have slowly disappeared.
Number 2: I can also borrow exercise videos from the library to try them out. I save money by avoiding wrong purchases.
Number 1: Here's the best reason of all. I pay myself $1 for each day that I carry out an exercise program. It's better than paying $1 or more for a gym membership that I may slowly stop using. I am going to buy myself something special someday.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money, please send it by mailto:MyStory@stretcher.com
Take the Next Step
- Check health and beauty products at Cheapism.com before making a purchasing decision.
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- How to start a pet-sitting business
- How to sell your stuff on consignment Slideshow
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Grandma's secrets to super skin
- 8 fitness apps to aid your New Year's resolution
- 5 ways to look good for less
- 7 ways to haggle for the best bargain
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 6 ways to significantly boost your income