Garden Décor Ideas
by Monica Resinger
Frugal Seed Starters
Gardening on a Dime
Cat-Proofing Your Garden
- Johnny Jump Ups planted in small, galvanized buckets looks so charming!
- Plant half whiskey barrels tightly with strawberry plants.
- Scarecrows are not only useful, they are decorative.
- Check your nearest dollar store for really cute and cheap garden decorations! They also have seeds sometimes 10 packets for $1.00.
- Make a rustic trellis by nailing or screwing branches together in desired shape.
- Tip a flowerpot (any size) over and have soil spill out of it. Plant flowers in the soil for a charming spilled pot look.
- Old bowling balls can either be spray painted desired color or left as-is and used as a garden sphere that is so popular in gardens. If you do not have a bowling ball, check the thrift stores or yard sales to get one cheap.
- To spruce up a plain garage or house wall in the garden, nail strips of wood onto the wall in a paned-window shape. Paint desired color, add a window box full of planted flowers, grow a flowering vine over it, or even hang silk flowers over it.
Monica Resinger is a loving wife and doting mother of two who enjoys gardening, painting, dancing and homemaking.
You can check out some of her other articles at http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Monica_Resinger
- Gardening on the cheap is simple. Just visit the TDS Frugal Gardening Guide and we'll show you the many ways frugal gardeners maintain beautiful, bountiful gardens for less.
Trending on TDS
Helpful Tools & Resources
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?