Garden Décor Ideas
by Monica Resinger
Frugal Seed Starters
Gardening on a Dime
Johnny Jump Ups planted in small, galvanized buckets looks so charming!
Plant half whiskey barrels tightly with strawberry plants.
Scarecrows are not only useful, they are decorative.
Check your nearest dollar store for really cute and cheap garden decorations! They also have seeds sometimes 10 packets for $1.00.
Make a rustic trellis by nailing or screwing branches together in desired shape.
Tip a flowerpot (any size) over and have soil spill out of it. Plant flowers in the soil for a charming spilled pot look.
Old bowling balls can either be spray painted desired color or left as-is and used as a garden sphere that is so popular in gardens. If you do not have a bowling ball, check the thrift stores or yard sales to get one cheap.
- To spruce up a plain garage or house wall in the garden, nail strips of wood onto the wall in a paned-window shape. Paint desired color, add a window box full of planted flowers, grow a flowering vine over it, or even hang silk flowers over it.
Monica Resinger is a loving wife and doting mother of two who enjoys gardening, painting, dancing and homemaking.
You can check out some of her other articles at http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Monica_Resinger
- For all of your gardening needs, check out Mastergardening.com
- For more gardening articles, please click here.
Discuss "A Pretty Yard" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?