Garden Décor Ideas
by Monica Resinger
Frugal Seed Starters
Gardening on a Dime
Johnny Jump Ups planted in small, galvanized buckets looks so charming!
Plant half whiskey barrels tightly with strawberry plants.
Scarecrows are not only useful, they are decorative.
Check your nearest dollar store for really cute and cheap garden decorations! They also have seeds sometimes 10 packets for $1.00.
Make a rustic trellis by nailing or screwing branches together in desired shape.
Tip a flowerpot (any size) over and have soil spill out of it. Plant flowers in the soil for a charming spilled pot look.
Old bowling balls can either be spray painted desired color or left as-is and used as a garden sphere that is so popular in gardens. If you do not have a bowling ball, check the thrift stores or yard sales to get one cheap.
- To spruce up a plain garage or house wall in the garden, nail strips of wood onto the wall in a paned-window shape. Paint desired color, add a window box full of planted flowers, grow a flowering vine over it, or even hang silk flowers over it.
Monica Resinger is a loving wife and doting mother of two who enjoys gardening, painting, dancing and homemaking.
You can check out some of her other articles at http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Monica_Resinger
- For all of your gardening needs, check out Mastergardening.com
- For more gardening articles, please click here.
Discuss "A Pretty Yard" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Also in Home
- How to build a contemporary outdoor fireplace
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Tips for taking in a renter
- How little things can make your décor pop
- Building a winter green house
- A natural approach to eliminating pet odors
- Cost-effective solutions to rid your home of black snakes
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?