Garden Décor Ideas
by Monica Resinger
Frugal Seed Starters
Gardening on a Dime
Johnny Jump Ups planted in small, galvanized buckets looks so charming!
Plant half whiskey barrels tightly with strawberry plants.
Scarecrows are not only useful, they are decorative.
Check your nearest dollar store for really cute and cheap garden decorations! They also have seeds sometimes 10 packets for $1.00.
Make a rustic trellis by nailing or screwing branches together in desired shape.
Tip a flowerpot (any size) over and have soil spill out of it. Plant flowers in the soil for a charming spilled pot look.
Old bowling balls can either be spray painted desired color or left as-is and used as a garden sphere that is so popular in gardens. If you do not have a bowling ball, check the thrift stores or yard sales to get one cheap.
- To spruce up a plain garage or house wall in the garden, nail strips of wood onto the wall in a paned-window shape. Paint desired color, add a window box full of planted flowers, grow a flowering vine over it, or even hang silk flowers over it.
Monica Resinger is a loving wife and doting mother of two who enjoys gardening, painting, dancing and homemaking.
You can check out some of her other articles at http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Monica_Resinger
- For more frugal gardening articles, visit The Dollar Stretcher library.
- Visit our Pinterest board for A Frugal Lawn and Garden.
Discuss "A Pretty Yard" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?