Job Search Tips: Know Yourself
by Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A.
Business Networking Pays Off
Job Hunting Tips
First, things first! Know yourself. Does that sound like familiar advice from your family and friends?
It's true! Write down who you are in a convenient form. If that sounds like school, talk into a tape recorder instead. Get a pal or a good friend to either listen to the tape or look over your notes.
Ask that person to pick out the words you have mentioned that relate to skills. Skill words are usually verbs, such as sailed, composed, and designed. You get the picture!
Don't do anything else just yet. Talk to yourself or think about what you have done well in your life. Be proud of yourself. Use this meditating time of a couple of days or even a week to feel really good!
Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A. (email@example.com) helps people get back into the working world. If you're stopped in your tracks and not sure which way to go, contact her and start making progress again. Contact her for the answer to one free question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- How to become a millionaire in 7 easy (hah!) steps
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- 10 places to look for $500 in savings
- 9 savvy strategies to save for a rainy-day fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- How to stop credit card offers in the mail
- What to do when frugal fatigue sets in Readers' Solutions
- Putting last year's Christmas bills behind you
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates