Thyme Beef Stroganoff
contributed by Chet's Crock
2 lb. beef round steak, trimmed fat
1/2 lb. fresh white mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
3/4 cup dry sherry
3/4 cup homemade or canned beef broth
3/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic pepper
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup quick-mixing flour, such as Wondra
Cut the beef into thin slices across the grain. Place in your electric slow cooker. Add the mushrooms, scallions, onion, thyme, sherry, broth, dry mustard, and garlic pepper. Mix well.
Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 8 hours, or until the beef is tender, stirring once, if possible. Increase the heat setting to high.
Mix together the sour cream and flour until thoroughly blended. Stir a little of the hot liquid from the slow cooker into the sour cream mixture; then stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker, mixing well. Cover and cook on high 30 to 40 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator