10 Easy Ways To Earn Extra Cash
by Doris Dobkins
Ways to Earn Extra Cash
Doing Surveys for Money
Repaying Payday Loans
Are you in debt? If so, then you may be struggling for extra cash to pay off your debts and this article was written for you. We'll list a few ideas here for you to get some extra money. Now just promise to spend that money on your debt and not at the mall!
- Have a yard sale. Are you still saving a bunch of stuff in your garage for a rainy day? Why not pull it out, clean it up and sell it for a few dollars. Your garage will look better and your debt balance will be reduced. Don't forget to check the closets and attic. Get the neighbors to join you and you'll draw more attention for your sale.
- Get a part-time job. Even if it's just a few hours on the weekend, you can put that money towards a debt and achieve your financial freedom goals a lot quicker. If you want to be at home, have you considered baby sitting or tutoring? If you want to work out of the home, there are many places to select from. Look for something that you enjoy doing. Determine how much you want to earn and apply every paycheck to debt. Once you've reached your goal, quit, unless you enjoy it so much that you want to set another goal for yourself.
- Sell something that is a cash drain. Do you have a boat in your backyard? How about a motorcycle or extra car that you never drive? Sell it. These items can drain you financially like water dripping from a leaky faucet with insurance, registration, maintenance and other costs. If you use them a lot, great, but if you've taken the boat out once in three years, sell it.
- Rent out a spare room. This can bring in some good quick money. You'll lose some privacy, but if you really need the cash, it might be worth it for a short time. Be sure and do a thorough reference check on your guest.
- Quit drinking and smoking. The amount spent on these two items might surprise you. Can you give it up? If you don't drink or smoke, try giving up juice and soda for a month and drink water instead. Not only is it much healthier, but it will save you even more.
- Track your spending for one month. Every time you spend money (no matter how little), write it down in a notebook. Account for every penny spent for one whole month and you will be much more aware of where your money is going and where you can cut back. You may even find yourself with some extra money at the end of the month. If so, put it on debt.
- Cancel cable TV. Yes, you can live without it for six months or so. Determine how much you want to save, calculate the length of time needed to save that money, and then each month, write a check to your savings account or credit card company.
- Recycle some trash. Collect cans, glass bottles, newspapers or whatever a recycling center will pay you for. Get your family involved and collect as much as you can during the month. Make money while making the world a better place.
- Turn a hobby into cash. Is there something you love to do that you can profit from? There are many local retail stores or consignment shops that may be willing to place samples or sell on consignment terms.
- Pack your own lunch and coffee. Just those two purchases alone can add up to quite a sum of money on a monthly basis. If you are used to eating out every day and stopping for coffee in the morning, try reducing it to just one or two days a week. Pack it from home the remaining days. Apply your savings to debt.
There you have it: Ten easy ways to get some extra cash. Pick one and start today. If you are really brave (or serious), pick three or four and reach your financial goals even sooner.
Doris Dobkins is a money saving expert, author and speaker and has helped thousands of people find ways to save money and get out of debt.
Take the Next Step:
- Discuss "How to Make Money without a Job" with other Dollar Stretchers in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- How to become a millionaire in 7 easy (hah!) steps
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- 10 places to look for $500 in savings
- 9 savvy strategies to save for a rainy-day fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- How to stop credit card offers in the mail
- What to do when frugal fatigue sets in Readers' Solutions
- Putting last year's Christmas bills behind you
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates