Delicious Squashed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
5 lbs. Butternut squash
4 baking apples
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mace
Cut squash in half, removing seeds and fibers; pare and cut in 1/2-inch slices. Pare and core apples; cut in 1/2-inch slices. Combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, salt and mace. Layer one half the squash in the bottom of the removable liner. Top with one half the apple slices and one half the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Place in base. Cover and cook on auto 5 hours, low 6-7 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator