Delicious Squashed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
5 lbs. Butternut squash
4 baking apples
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mace
Cut squash in half, removing seeds and fibers; pare and cut in 1/2-inch slices. Pare and core apples; cut in 1/2-inch slices. Combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, salt and mace. Layer one half the squash in the bottom of the removable liner. Top with one half the apple slices and one half the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Place in base. Cover and cook on auto 5 hours, low 6-7 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Snap up these 9 deals in August
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Choosing a guardian for your child
- 3 fun party ideas your nearly teen will love
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- This week's Readers' Tips