Delicious Squashed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
5 lbs. Butternut squash
4 baking apples
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mace
Cut squash in half, removing seeds and fibers; pare and cut in 1/2-inch slices. Pare and core apples; cut in 1/2-inch slices. Combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, salt and mace. Layer one half the squash in the bottom of the removable liner. Top with one half the apple slices and one half the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Place in base. Cover and cook on auto 5 hours, low 6-7 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator