Delicious Squashed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
5 lbs. Butternut squash
4 baking apples
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mace
Cut squash in half, removing seeds and fibers; pare and cut in 1/2-inch slices. Pare and core apples; cut in 1/2-inch slices. Combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, salt and mace. Layer one half the squash in the bottom of the removable liner. Top with one half the apple slices and one half the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Place in base. Cover and cook on auto 5 hours, low 6-7 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
Rehab your poor financial habits before tackling the bad behavior of your kids.
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator