Delicious Squashed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
5 lbs. Butternut squash
4 baking apples
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mace
Cut squash in half, removing seeds and fibers; pare and cut in 1/2-inch slices. Pare and core apples; cut in 1/2-inch slices. Combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, salt and mace. Layer one half the squash in the bottom of the removable liner. Top with one half the apple slices and one half the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Place in base. Cover and cook on auto 5 hours, low 6-7 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 11 best bargains at the checkout counter in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Sharing a house with another family
- Buying the best backpack for your back and your budget
- 5 fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- What's it like selling Avon products?