Delicious Squashed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
5 lbs. Butternut squash
4 baking apples
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mace
Cut squash in half, removing seeds and fibers; pare and cut in 1/2-inch slices. Pare and core apples; cut in 1/2-inch slices. Combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, salt and mace. Layer one half the squash in the bottom of the removable liner. Top with one half the apple slices and one half the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Place in base. Cover and cook on auto 5 hours, low 6-7 hours or high 3 1/2 hours.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Financial issues for Alzheimer's families
- How to become a work at home mom Video
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Prom party decorations for less
- Should you pay for your kids' college?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Surviving as a single mom
- Frugal Easter basket ideas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator