Suddenly Silent CD
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I was just wondering why my car stereo would just stop playing CDs for no apparent reason. I have a '00 Civic SI. It will take the CD in, and although it will go through the normal progression of trying to play the CD, it can't. It also displays "E-00" right before it ejects the CD.
That sounds like it may be an alignment error or a laser error. The unit will most likely have to go in for service. I would first call around to get some quotes. Then, look at prices for new after-market players. You might be able to find one that plays MP3s, fits in your vehicle correctly, and doesn't impact your budget too much!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?