Suddenly Silent CD
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I was just wondering why my car stereo would just stop playing CDs for no apparent reason. I have a '00 Civic SI. It will take the CD in, and although it will go through the normal progression of trying to play the CD, it can't. It also displays "E-00" right before it ejects the CD.
That sounds like it may be an alignment error or a laser error. The unit will most likely have to go in for service. I would first call around to get some quotes. Then, look at prices for new after-market players. You might be able to find one that plays MP3s, fits in your vehicle correctly, and doesn't impact your budget too much!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Don't let a reverse mortgage leave you homeless Expert Interview
- How to create an outdoor room on a budget
- Cheap home security Slideshow
- Renew your kitchen cabinets for $100
- Buying a kitchen stove
- Killing crabgrass
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?