Suddenly Silent CD
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I was just wondering why my car stereo would just stop playing CDs for no apparent reason. I have a '00 Civic SI. It will take the CD in, and although it will go through the normal progression of trying to play the CD, it can't. It also displays "E-00" right before it ejects the CD.
That sounds like it may be an alignment error or a laser error. The unit will most likely have to go in for service. I would first call around to get some quotes. Then, look at prices for new after-market players. You might be able to find one that plays MP3s, fits in your vehicle correctly, and doesn't impact your budget too much!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- How to build a contemporary outdoor fireplace
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Tips for taking in a renter
- How little things can make your décor pop
- Building a winter green house
- A natural approach to eliminating pet odors
- Cost-effective solutions to rid your home of black snakes
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?