Beef and Peppers
contributed by Chet's Crock
2 pounds round steak, trimmed
2 medium green bell peppers, sliced thin
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup beef broth
2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Finely chop about 1/2 of a fresh onion. Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If desired, you can brown the meat in a little hot oil before adding to slow-cooker. Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of slow-cooker, reserving a few to place on top of meat if desired. (Vegetables cook better when placed on bottom of pot.)
Arrange the meat on pepper, careful to not stack one piece directly on top of another. Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about four hours. Serve with mashed
potatoes and simply seasoned vegetables. Serves 8.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Are you guilty of financial infidelity?
- Natural flea prevention
- Making a home office affordable
- Meaningful family traditions
- Planning a frugal themepark vacation
- Let your kids teach you to save money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator