Beef and Peppers
contributed by Chet's Crock
2 pounds round steak, trimmed
2 medium green bell peppers, sliced thin
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup beef broth
2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Finely chop about 1/2 of a fresh onion. Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If desired, you can brown the meat in a little hot oil before adding to slow-cooker. Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of slow-cooker, reserving a few to place on top of meat if desired. (Vegetables cook better when placed on bottom of pot.)
Arrange the meat on pepper, careful to not stack one piece directly on top of another. Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about four hours. Serve with mashed
potatoes and simply seasoned vegetables. Serves 8.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator