Beef and Peppers
contributed by Chet's Crock
2 pounds round steak, trimmed
2 medium green bell peppers, sliced thin
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup beef broth
2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Finely chop about 1/2 of a fresh onion. Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If desired, you can brown the meat in a little hot oil before adding to slow-cooker. Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of slow-cooker, reserving a few to place on top of meat if desired. (Vegetables cook better when placed on bottom of pot.)
Arrange the meat on pepper, careful to not stack one piece directly on top of another. Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about four hours. Serve with mashed
potatoes and simply seasoned vegetables. Serves 8.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator