Beef and Peppers
contributed by Chet's Crock
2 pounds round steak, trimmed
2 medium green bell peppers, sliced thin
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup beef broth
2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Finely chop about 1/2 of a fresh onion. Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If desired, you can brown the meat in a little hot oil before adding to slow-cooker. Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of slow-cooker, reserving a few to place on top of meat if desired. (Vegetables cook better when placed on bottom of pot.)
Arrange the meat on pepper, careful to not stack one piece directly on top of another. Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about four hours. Serve with mashed
potatoes and simply seasoned vegetables. Serves 8.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator