Belt Begins Troubles
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a Chevrolet Silverado. Last week, I was driving and one of my belts broke and the water pump locked up. I replaced both. My truck still was overheating, so I replaced the thermostat. Then I thought the radiator was bad, so I replaced that as well. The truck is still overheating. Do you think this could be a result of the clutch fan?
It may be vapor lock. Try bleeding the coolant system to remove all the air.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.