Belt Begins Troubles
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a Chevrolet Silverado. Last week, I was driving and one of my belts broke and the water pump locked up. I replaced both. My truck still was overheating, so I replaced the thermostat. Then I thought the radiator was bad, so I replaced that as well. The truck is still overheating. Do you think this could be a result of the clutch fan?
It may be vapor lock. Try bleeding the coolant system to remove all the air.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?