Belt Begins Troubles
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a Chevrolet Silverado. Last week, I was driving and one of my belts broke and the water pump locked up. I replaced both. My truck still was overheating, so I replaced the thermostat. Then I thought the radiator was bad, so I replaced that as well. The truck is still overheating. Do you think this could be a result of the clutch fan?
It may be vapor lock. Try bleeding the coolant system to remove all the air.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?