Belt Begins Troubles
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a Chevrolet Silverado. Last week, I was driving and one of my belts broke and the water pump locked up. I replaced both. My truck still was overheating, so I replaced the thermostat. Then I thought the radiator was bad, so I replaced that as well. The truck is still overheating. Do you think this could be a result of the clutch fan?
It may be vapor lock. Try bleeding the coolant system to remove all the air.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?