Natural nail and hand care
Homemade Natural Products for Beautiful Hands
by Irene Helen Zundel
Natural Potions for Super Skin
Silky Skin and Salt Scrubs
Homemade Lotions and Toiletries
Relief from Stretch Marks
Your hands and nails can really take a beating! Daily they are exposed to rough weather, immersed in cleaning solutions, caked with dirt from the garden, and who knows what else! Before long, you find yourself with broken fingernails and skin that rivals an alligator's.
Store-bought products aren't always the best remedy. They contain dyes, fragrances, and chemicals that may leave you worse off in the long run. And boy, can they be expensive!
Would you like to pamper your hands, and have strong beautiful nails, and glowing soft skin? Would you like to make your own products with natural ingredients that cost just pennies? Well, you're in luck! Here are three super hand and nail fixes that you can easily whip up at home. Why not give them a try?
Molasses Nail Soak (softens cuticles and strengthens and conditions nails)
1/4 cup warm water
2 tablespoons molasses
Mix the water and molasses together, stirring well. Soak your nails for 15 to minutes and then rinse. For extra conditioning, apply the solution to clean nails with a cotton swab at bedtime, and rinse in the morning. Don't worry. This mixture rinses easily and won't leave your hands sticky.
Milk Hand Mask (can be used on face and body as well)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup powdered milk or powdered buttermilk
Mix the buttermilk and powdered milk to form a smooth paste. Using a small paintbrush or pastry brush, spread an even layer of this mixture over your hands. Leave the mask on until it dries, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water and pat dry. Because milk is high in protein and vitamins, this mask really nourishes the skin, giving it a healthy glow.
Shop e.l.f. Cosmetics for top quality products at prices that will impress
Natural Nail Luster (to promote nail growth)
1 tablespoon pure olive oil
1/2 tablespoon powdered white clay (also called kaolin, found in health food stores)
Take the Next Step
- Do you struggle to get ahead financially? Then you'll want to subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribers get a copy Are You Heading for Debt Trouble? A Simple Checklist And What You Can Do About It for FREE!
- More great ways to let your radiance shine on our "Beauty on a Budget" Pinterest board
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 6 things you shouldn't buy in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 10 ways to save on natural skincare
- Buy generic? Or not?
- How to throw an awesome party on the cheap