How to find quick cash
The 5 Best Ways to Make More Money
A Few Extra Dollars
6 Ways to Find Free Money
Earning Quick Cash?
I need to earn some quick money, but I don't have money to start a business. Do you have any advice?
Use Your Skills to Make Quick Cash
Here are a few ideas you can try:
- Even adults can earn some quick money by delivering newspapers. It's not glamorous, but there are almost always routes available near your home. Early morning routes may not be convenient, but they will not interfere with your regular job.
- If you have the skills, you can often find temporary work, such as painting, carpentry, or even keyboarding. Contact an agency that handles temporary jobs in your area.
Other skills that can help you find part-time work quickly include writing, childcare, and retail sales. Especially before the holidays, stores are always looking for temporary, part-time workers. I've also worked at a college bookstore at the beginning of a semester, when they need extra help.
It doesn't require much money to start a dog-walking business. You can print up cards or just post notices in local stores, especially groomers and veterinary clinics. Ask permission first.
The bottom line is to assess your skills and interests and then figure out who will use them in your local area.
Quick Cash for Christmas
The holidays are a great time of year to make some quick cash for little or no money invested. If you own a van, hire yourself out as a delivery person or mover. Are you artistic? Wrap gifts or make holiday decorations. Play Santa, an elf, or a reindeer. Be a personal shopper or assistant for someone who can't get out or is very busy. Businesses are looking for holiday help.
Door to Door for Quick Cash
There are a good number of people that are way too busy to do basic things like cut the yard, rake the leaves, clean the gutters, etc. Try going door to door, asking if you could do an odd job for a small fee. You might be surprised at the need for it.
Crystal in NH
Quick Cash Through eBay
eBay is a great way to make extra money with little to no start-up costs. I sell on eBay to take advantage of being a SAHM while helping out the family finances. I am able to sell during times when the kids are napping or after they are in bed at night!
Donate Plasma for Quick Cash
You did not say how much cash or how soon you need it, but this may work for you. You can donate Plasma, not blood, on a weekly basis. They pay you something like $25 or more on the spot, each time you donate, so you can see how this would add up. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour each time. They extract your blood, remove the plasma, and then put the blood back in. I knew many people who did this back in college for easy spending money. Call your local hospital for information on where the nearest blood bank is located.
Quick Cash Idea: Be a Ref!
If you know anything about a sport, look into becoming an official. I officiate basketball and earned an extra $3000 in two months last year. This was all from doing grade school and middle school games. In my area, you earn $15 to $30 a game for these levels of play up to $55 a game for HS Varsity. A game usually lasts about an hour and there are games every night of the week and all day long on weekends. Many times, you get paid in cash the same day.
My suggestions would be to look into basketball or soccer first. They are played year-round and start young with boys and girls. After that, I would suggest volleyball since it is also played year-round, but it is mainly still only a girl's sport in many areas. Baseball is the most expensive to do with the initial costs of the protective equipment.
I do this part time only, but there are others who make more than $12,000 a year from basketball alone, officiating every day of the week.
Earn Cash by Pet Sitting
If a person likes animals, has pets, and is known as a responsible and thoughtful pet owner, many times their veterinarian might recommend them for pet sitting for those who do not wish to kennel their animals. However, a person must be absolutely dependable and responsible. Not only are they taking care of the pets, but they are also taking care of the home and grounds as well. Plus, they are representing the reputation of the vet who recommended them! (One must be able to drive to do this, and be able to handle morning hours.)
Clean Houses for Cash
Just run an ad for cleaning houses in the local newspaper or use a bulletin board. You can clean a home in about three to four hours. It is easy and gives you fast cash. Just be sure to clean the kitchen and bathrooms, and then dust and vacuum. Don't be afraid of it. Just do your best. I usually don't clean inside of the refrigerator or the ovens unless asked to do so. Use their supplies and charge about $12 to $15 an hour.
Temporary Jobs for Quick Cash
I'm a SAHM now, but I used to work in the front office of a dental office. Every couple weeks, I get a telephone call, asking if I could help out in an office. It may be for a week or just a day or two, filling in for someone who's on vacation or needing a day off. Networking with people in your prior (or current) employment field will get your name around. Many businesses are in need of help, but don't want to commit to a permanent employee.
3 Quick Cash Ideas
- Have a garage sale
- Sell a marketable skill to friends or family members, such as housecleaning, cooking, babysitting, massages, lawn care, snow removal, and gardening. People are willing to pay for these services.
- Sign up with market-research firms to participate in focus groups. You can sometimes earn $50 or more just by spending an hour to tell a company what you think of their product. Plus, it's fun!
Take the Next Step:
- For more information on "How to Make Money without a Job", check out The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Couple's finances: Should you combine or keep money separate?
- The difference between credit and debit
- Before you hunt for a job
- How to adjust your financial plan for the new year
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA
- Tips for boosting your credit score
- 7 times you can save money by spending money
- Negotiating your next raise
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal