courtesy of Chet's Crock
1/4 cup flour
1 chicken (2 1/2 - 3 lbs.), cut up
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. cooking oil
1/2 cup water
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate (6 ounces)
3 Tbs. brown sugar
3 Tbs. catsup
1 Tbs. vinegar
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1 Tbs. cold water
Hot cooked rice
Coat the chicken pieces with mixture of flour and salt. In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in hot oil. Transfer the chicken pieces to the crock pot. Blend the thawed lemonade concentrate, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, catsup, and vinegar. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat setting until tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Remove the chicken to platter; keep warm. Skim fat from the pan juices. Measure juices and add water, if necessary, to make 1 1/4 cups liquid. Place the liquid into a sauce pan. Blend one tablespoon of cold water with the cornstarch. Stir into the pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Pass the sauce with chicken; serve over rice.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Getting kids to complete chores
- Cutting the cost of baby's first year Video
- Does it really pay to have two people working?
- Making the transition to stay-st-home mom
- Homemade toys for babies
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- April bargains in supermarkets and beyond
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator