courtesy of Chet's Crock
1/4 cup flour
1 chicken (2 1/2 - 3 lbs.), cut up
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. cooking oil
1/2 cup water
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate (6 ounces)
3 Tbs. brown sugar
3 Tbs. catsup
1 Tbs. vinegar
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1 Tbs. cold water
Hot cooked rice
Coat the chicken pieces with mixture of flour and salt. In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in hot oil. Transfer the chicken pieces to the crock pot. Blend the thawed lemonade concentrate, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, catsup, and vinegar. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat setting until tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Remove the chicken to platter; keep warm. Skim fat from the pan juices. Measure juices and add water, if necessary, to make 1 1/4 cups liquid. Place the liquid into a sauce pan. Blend one tablespoon of cold water with the cornstarch. Stir into the pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Pass the sauce with chicken; serve over rice.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 12 best bargains for shoppers in April
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 8 habits that plug parental spending leaks
- 3 great low-cost summer activities with kids
- Keeping your pet out of the economic doghouse
- Frugal living ideas for large families Readers' Solutions
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator