courtesy of Chet's Crock
1/4 cup flour
1 chicken (2 1/2 - 3 lbs.), cut up
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. cooking oil
1/2 cup water
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate (6 ounces)
3 Tbs. brown sugar
3 Tbs. catsup
1 Tbs. vinegar
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1 Tbs. cold water
Hot cooked rice
Coat the chicken pieces with mixture of flour and salt. In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in hot oil. Transfer the chicken pieces to the crock pot. Blend the thawed lemonade concentrate, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, catsup, and vinegar. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat setting until tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Remove the chicken to platter; keep warm. Skim fat from the pan juices. Measure juices and add water, if necessary, to make 1 1/4 cups liquid. Place the liquid into a sauce pan. Blend one tablespoon of cold water with the cornstarch. Stir into the pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Pass the sauce with chicken; serve over rice.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Do you have an idea that wasn't included in the article? Tell us about it: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- How to get retired parents to spend money on themselves
- Video: Avoiding vacation debt & regret
- Let's play with edible clay!
- How to create an outside science wall for your kids
- Great ways to give gifts
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in August
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator