Spiced Rum Cider
contributed by Chet's Crock
4 sticks cinnamon, broken
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
7 cups apple juice
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup rum - optional
Tie cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in spice bag or cheesecloth. In a crockpot, combine spice bag, apple juice, rum and brown sugar. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Discard spice bag. Ladle hot punch into cups; float about 1/2 teaspoon of butter on top of the cider in each cup.
Fabulous crockpot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in August
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator