Spiced Rum Cider
contributed by Chet's Crock
4 sticks cinnamon, broken
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
7 cups apple juice
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup rum - optional
Tie cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in spice bag or cheesecloth. In a crockpot, combine spice bag, apple juice, rum and brown sugar. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Discard spice bag. Ladle hot punch into cups; float about 1/2 teaspoon of butter on top of the cider in each cup.
Fabulous crockpot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Teaching small children about wants and needs
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- 10 kid-friendly tips for surviving long winter days
- Keeping your toddler warm at night
- Home remedies for colds and flus
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- December bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- A dozen things you should buy in December
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator