Spiced Rum Cider
contributed by Chet's Crock
4 sticks cinnamon, broken
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
7 cups apple juice
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup rum - optional
Tie cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in spice bag or cheesecloth. In a crockpot, combine spice bag, apple juice, rum and brown sugar. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Discard spice bag. Ladle hot punch into cups; float about 1/2 teaspoon of butter on top of the cider in each cup.
Fabulous crockpot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips