Ground Beef, Macaroni and Tomato Casserole
contributed by Chet's Crock
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, chopped
1 cup V8 juice
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
2 cups macaroni, uncooked
Brown the meat, onion, green pepper, garlic and drain. Combine tomatoes, juice, and the drained meat mixture. Stir in the seasonings. Mix well and place in crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in uncooked macaroni and cook 2 to 3 hours more. Serves 8.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Take the Next Step
- Slow Cooker recipes for those days when you will be away from your kitchen.
"Need Quick Crock pot ideas?" See them in The Dollar Stretcher Community
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 12 best bargains for shoppers in April
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 8 habits that plug parental spending leaks
- 3 great low-cost summer activities with kids
- Keeping your pet out of the economic doghouse
- Frugal living ideas for large families Readers' Solutions
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator