Ground Beef, Macaroni and Tomato Casserole
contributed by Chet's Crock
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, chopped
1 cup V8 juice
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
2 cups macaroni, uncooked
Brown the meat, onion, green pepper, garlic and drain. Combine tomatoes, juice, and the drained meat mixture. Stir in the seasonings. Mix well and place in crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in uncooked macaroni and cook 2 to 3 hours more. Serves 8.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Take the Next Step
- Slow Cooker recipes for those days when you will be away from your kitchen.
"Need Quick Crock pot ideas?" See them in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips