Are You Having Ups and Downs in the Job Search?
by Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A
Here is a description of what you may be feeling? Check on your feelings now about the whole process?
- You endlessly procrastinate.
- You study about the process. (There is much thinking about action taking place in your head.)
- You make excuses for yourself. (I need a vacation, not a job search. I have many household chores to do, so I can't be looking for a job. This is similar to procrastination.)
Here we'll switch from what YOU do to what I am not doing.
- I made some phone calls, but no one is hiring.
- I talked to my friends and family members about my situation, but they are not helping enough.
- I might just have a drink to calm myself.
- I have had a big fight with my spouse about my not getting a job.
- I'm really angry about not getting hired and about those who let me go from the last job. (Anger is rolling around in the mind and emotions. However, there is no action to relieve it).
- I don't have any skills. I need to go back to school to get some, but I'm an adult with responsibilities at home. I can't do it.
- I'll never get hired. I want to give up.
I started this article with what YOU as the person is doing and went to what I am not doing to help myself. Hooray! That is the key to having so many "downs" and not a lot of "ups."
Action! Action! Action! That's the primary key to getting those pesky downs out of the way. And, a plan! Planning on action to make the difficult seem easy and the ups come your way. Many of the troubles described above have the aura of self-esteem issues. Make that plan! Write it down! Get a pal to be with to support you. Celebrate those up times! And, don't let anything or anyone get you "down"!
Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A. (email@example.com) helps people get back into the working world. If you're stopped in your tracks and not sure which way to go, contact her and start making progress again. Contact her for the answer to one free question.
Take the Next Step:
- Dont be in Denial. If you feel that your job maybe at risk, have a contingency plan.
- Take action today, so you will be better off tomorrow. For instance: Find a new job, Get Additional Training, and Pay Off Debts.
- -How secure is your job? Modern statistics allows a calculation using key variables to give you a Scientific Evaluation. Get your free evaluation now.
Trending on TDS
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Natural congestion remedies
- Why reuseable snack bags make sense Giveaway
- Family Halloween costumes
- A teen clothing allowance
- Halloween on a dime
- Beating the high cost of bedwetting
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- October deals at the supermarket and beyond
- Why women are dropping out of the workforce
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator