Teen Valentine's Gifts
by Patti Chadwick
Fun Valentine's Day Foods
I know Valentine's Day is billed as a day for lovers, but what better time to show your love for your kids than on this day that has symbolized affection throughout the centuries.
Kids are always thrilled to receive gifts even (or should I say especially!) teenagers! There are many little things that you can give them for Valentine's Day that don't cost a mint, yet say "I love you" in a tangible way.
- Chocolate heart sucker from a gourmet candy store.
- A pair of seasonal (hearts, flowers) socks.
- A pair of heart boxers for guys or gals!
- A single rose in a bud vase.
- Heart-shaped sugar cookies.
- A heart-shaped cake.
- Make a "red" meal for dinner (i.e. Pizza or Pasta w/sauce, with Cranapple juice, and raspberry sherbet for dessert!)
- Take your teen on a movie date.
- Give your teen a note to get out of school for lunch and take them out to their favorite fast-food restaurant.
- A heart-shaped box of chocolates.
- A bag of snickers (or their favorite candy bars)
- Make cherry Jell-O fruit salad.
- Write your teen a "love note," telling them how special they are to you.
Look over the list to see if there is something you can use to make Valentine's Day special for your teen. But don't stop there. Be creative and come up with your own ideas!
Patricia Chadwick is a freelance writer and has been a stay-at-home mom for 16 years. She is currently a columnist in several online publications as well as editor of two newsletters. Parents & Teens is a twice-monthly newsletter geared to help parents connect with their teens. Subscribe at ParentsAndTeens.com. History's Women is weekly online magazine highlighting the extraordinary achievements of women. Subscribe at HistorysWomen.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator