Curried Vegetable Rice
courtesy of Chet's Crock
An easy and delicious vegetable curry with rice. Colorful and spicy.
3 cups coarsely chopped red potatoes
2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potatoes
1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 (14-oz) can vegetable broth
1 (13.5-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rice
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup dry roasted cashews
Add the first nine ingredients to your crock pot; stir the ingredients to mix them up. Pour the broth and coconut milk over the vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Stir in the rice and frozen peas; cover and cook five more minutes. Ladle mixture onto individual plates and sprinkle with cashews.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator