Curried Vegetable Rice
courtesy of Chet's Crock
An easy and delicious vegetable curry with rice. Colorful and spicy.
3 cups coarsely chopped red potatoes
2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potatoes
1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 (14-oz) can vegetable broth
1 (13.5-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rice
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup dry roasted cashews
Add the first nine ingredients to your crock pot; stir the ingredients to mix them up. Pour the broth and coconut milk over the vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Stir in the rice and frozen peas; cover and cook five more minutes. Ladle mixture onto individual plates and sprinkle with cashews.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Teaching small children about wants and needs
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- 10 kid-friendly tips for surviving long winter days
- Keeping your toddler warm at night
- Home remedies for colds and flus
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- December bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- A dozen things you should buy in December
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator