Curried Vegetable Rice
courtesy of Chet's Crock
An easy and delicious vegetable curry with rice. Colorful and spicy.
3 cups coarsely chopped red potatoes
2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potatoes
1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 (14-oz) can vegetable broth
1 (13.5-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rice
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup dry roasted cashews
Add the first nine ingredients to your crock pot; stir the ingredients to mix them up. Pour the broth and coconut milk over the vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Stir in the rice and frozen peas; cover and cook five more minutes. Ladle mixture onto individual plates and sprinkle with cashews.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Store brands: Extreme savings without the coupons
- An easy money lesson for children
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- 8 ways to save on children's clothing
- Home improvement with kids!
- Let's play with edible clay!
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator