Saving Money is Fun
by Sarah Delaporte
My Story: Just Start
6 Squirrely Ways to Save
Saving money is not always easy, but approached the right way, it can become a hobby that's enjoyable as well as beneficial.
I am going to share some steps I have found to stretch your finances, while enjoying the process.
Tip 1: Relax. Relax, relax, and again I say, relax. Don't count each penny you save and worry about how much you save. Does it really matter if this week you saved $1.92 compared to $1.93 on a meal. Yes, every penny matters, but sometimes the amount is so minimal it's not crucial.
Tip 2: Budget. This is always good advice, but sometimes it's hard to do.
Tip 3: Make saving money detective work. Uncover the sleuth in you. If you look at money saved as unfound treasure, you will find the process exhilarating! There's always a new way to save that you have yet to discover. Search for it.
Tip 4: Involve your kids in saving. Play games with them that show them how to use money wisely. Money Matters is a game by Larry Burkett that does just that. Another way is to encourage them to cut coupons. When you do this, give them a percentage of how much money you save when you use the coupons that they cut.
When you make pinching pennies a hobby instead of a chore, you will save your family more money and you'll find it exciting, too!
Sarah Delaporte is with Freebie Coupon Corner. Imagine Free Groceries In Your Shopping Cart! www.couponcorner.net
Take the Next Step
- Do you struggle to get ahead financially? Then you'll want to subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- How to become a millionaire in 7 easy (hah!) steps
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- 10 places to look for $500 in savings
- 9 savvy strategies to save for a rainy-day fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 6 ways to get help paying your medical bills
- Getting personal finances in order one day at a time
- Can't find a job? Be your own boss!
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates