15-Minute De-Frazzlers for Families
by Susie Cortright
Family Game Night
Meaningful Family Traditions
10 Free Ways to Rediscover Everyday Joys
Here is a week's worth of quick family de-frazzlers. They were created, not with the expectation that you will do each activity on its designated day, but, rather, to remind you that, every day, you have 15 very special minutes to fill. Fifteen minutes expressly to nurture your children, your spouse, and yourself in a special way.
This evening, just before the sun goes down, gather your family to watch the sunset. The only rule is that no one speaks until the sun has completely nestled into the horizon. Use the quiet time to meditate and reflect on the importance of slowing down.
Make a loved one's day. Write a note, have the kids draw pictures, copy some home videos, or tape record the kids singing and laughing. Pack it up and mail it to your oldest relative.
No cooking tonight! Order a pizza and enjoy it on the living room floor (picnic style) with your kids.
Encourage your children to read their favorite comics to you this morning.
Write three pages in your journal regarding any challenge your family is currently facing. Write as quickly as you can without picking up your pen or crossing anything out. This is a powerful tool for problem solving and for developing a sense of trust in yourself, as you tap the wisdom of your own mind.
As you go about your day with your family, be on the lookout for ten positive, beautiful things about each of them, your home, or your home life that you haven't noticed before. Challenge yourself to maintain this heightened awareness.
Brainstorm at least five of your own family de-frazzlers. They should be brief activities that will nurture your spirit while helping you reconnect with your family.
A meaningful and fulfilled life can be surprisingly simple. Start with a few moments each day specially devoted to renewing your spirit and your emphasis on the gifts in your life.
This article is an excerpt from Soul Snacks for Families.
Susie Michelle Cortright is the author of several books for women and founder of the award-winning Momscape.com, a website designed to help busy women find balance. Visit momscape.com today and get Susie's *free* course-by-email "6 Days to Less Stress." Copyright Susie Michelle Cortright
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Financial issues for Alzheimer's families
- How to become a work at home mom Video
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Prom party decorations for less
- Should you pay for your kids' college?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Surviving as a single mom
- Frugal Easter basket ideas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator