Just a few minutes dedicated to bringing joy into your home
15-Minute De-Frazzlers for Families
by Susie Cortright
12 Tips For Helping Disorganized Children
Free Happiness for Your Kids!
How a Family with Children Is Getting Out of Debt
Here is a week's worth of quick family de-frazzlers. They were created, not with the expectation that you will do each activity on its designated day, but, rather, to remind you that, every day, you have 15 very special minutes to fill. Fifteen minutes expressly to nurture your children, your spouse, and yourself in a special way.
This evening, just before the sun goes down, gather your family to watch the sunset. The only rule is that no one speaks until the sun has completely nestled into the horizon. Use the quiet time to meditate and reflect on the importance of slowing down.
Make a loved one's day. Write a note, have the kids draw pictures, copy some home videos, or record the kids singing and laughing. Pack it up and mail it to your oldest relative.
No cooking tonight! Order a pizza and enjoy it on the living room floor (picnic style) with your kids.
Encourage your children to read their favorite comics to you this morning.
Write three pages in your journal regarding any challenge your family is currently facing. Write as quickly as you can without picking up your pen or crossing anything out. This is a powerful tool for problem solving and for developing a sense of trust in yourself, as you tap the wisdom of your own mind.
As you go about your day with your family, be on the lookout for ten positive, beautiful things about each of them, your home, or your home life that you haven't noticed before. Challenge yourself to maintain this heightened awareness.
If circumstances have put your family in debt, start taking the steps to financial freedom today!
Brainstorm at least five of your own family de-frazzlers. They should be brief activities that will nurture your spirit while helping you reconnect with your family.
A meaningful and fulfilled life can be surprisingly simple. Start with a few moments each day specially devoted to renewing your spirit and your emphasis on the gifts in your life.
This article is an excerpt from Soul Snacks for Families.
Susie Michelle Cortright is the author of several books for women and founder of the award-winning Momscape.com, a website designed to help busy women find balance. Visit MomScape.com todayCopyright Susie Michelle Cortright
Take the Next Step:
- Learn smart ways to raise your family on one-income in this two-income world. The Dollar Stretcher's Guide for One-Income Families will give you ideas for reducing expenses and making money from home.
- It's tough raising kids today! You need every time and money saving idea you can find. That's why you'll want to get our free weekly Dollar Stretcher for Parents newsletter. You'll find great ideas designed just for parents that will help your family 'live better...for less'! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Do we need a will?
- Chip off the old cheapskate
- Frugal party ideas for twin tweens
- Home remedies to soothe the sizzle of sunburn
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- This week's Readers' Tips