Crock Pot Baked Stuffed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding
Slow Cooker Baked Apples
6 medium tart red apples
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup golden seedless raisins
1 Tbs. grated orange peel
1/4 cup soft butter
2 cups very hot water
3 Tbs. orange juice concentrate
Wash, core and stem the apples, but don't peel them. Stand them in a buttered mold and stuff them with 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, the raisins and the orange peel. Fill the tops of the core cavities with butter and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops. Place the mold in the slow cooker and pour the hot water into the cooker. Sprinkle the orange juice concentrate over the apples. Cover the cooker and cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours, or until the apples are tender.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator