Crock Pot Baked Stuffed Apples
contributed by Chet's Crock
6 medium tart red apples
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup golden seedless raisins
1 Tbs. grated orange peel
1/4 cup soft butter
2 cups very hot water
3 Tbs. orange juice concentrate
Wash, core and stem the apples, but don't peel them. Stand them in a buttered mold and stuff them with 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, the raisins and the orange peel. Fill the tops of the core cavities with butter and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops. Place the mold in the slow cooker and pour the hot water into the cooker. Sprinkle the orange juice concentrate over the apples. Cover the cooker and cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours, or until the apples are tender.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Ways to reduce the financial and emotional costs of a divorce
- Surprising reasons to have family meal time
- Will your family be taken care of if something happens to you?
- How to teach kids about compound interest
- This week's Readers' Tips