Jumping Joe's Jambalaya
contributed by Chet's Crock
1 pound chicken, de-boned and cut in 1" cubes
1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
1 pound shrimp, cooked (21-25 count)
28 ounces crushed tomatoes
2 medium onion, chopped
2 green pepper, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. parsley
2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 cup okra, cut into 1/2" pieces
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cups rice, cooked
Cut chicken and slice sausage. Chop onion and green pepper. Put all in slow-cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except shrimp and rice. Cook in slow-cooker on low for 6-8 hours. Thirty minutes before eating, add cooked shrimp and cooked rice, and allow to heat. Can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours instead.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Financial issues for Alzheimer's families
- How to become a work at home mom Video
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Prom party decorations for less
- Should you pay for your kids' college?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Surviving as a single mom
- Frugal Easter basket ideas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator