Cash Flow Management
by Doris Dobkins
My Story: A Different Way to Budget
Simplify Your Budget
My Story: Budget Diet
True financial planning involves learning how to handle your cash flow. It involves setting some personal goals and objectives and then making sure your money management methods will help you achieve them.
The lack of knowledge and discipline is what keeps people from properly managing their cash flow. Taking some time to learn and then implement simple money management tips is important.
I'm going to share with you right now one of the simplest and easiest ways to demonstrate control over your cash flow. This is a guaranteed way to make you feel in charge of your finances.
Each month, starting this week, have 10% of your money automatically withdrawn from your paycheck or checking account before you see it or have a chance to spend it. When it is automatically deducted, it becomes very easy for you to adjust your spending and forget about it. If you don't believe me, read on.
Think about the last raise you received. How quickly did you adjust to the increased income? If you're like most people, you were dependent on that extra income within days of receiving the raise. This is the same concept but in reverse.
Many people will say they can't do this and don't have enough money. All I ask is that you try it. Without these monies showing up in the balance, you might just surprise yourself at how easily and quickly you adjust to this reversal of funds.
This is called "Paying Yourself First" and it works! If you want to get control of your cash flow and truly manage your money like the wealthy, then take this first step.
Doris Dobkins is a money saving expert, author and speaker and has helped thousands of people find ways to save money and get out of debt.
Take the Next Step:
- If your employer offers direct deposit, ask them to deposit 90% to your checking account and 10% to a savings account.
- Are you getting the best CD rate? Use our simple tool to find out. It's completely private, extrememly simple and you'll know what rate is available to you in seconds!
- Compare money market rates with our best rate finder. Don't let your bank pay you less than you deserve. It only takes a minute and your privacy is complete protected.
Trending on TDS
- Make money on Black Friday
- Maximizing credit and gift cards for holiday shopping
- Don't let money destroy your marriage
- Positioning yourself for career advancement
- Avoiding charitable scams
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA
- Tips for boosting your credit score
- 7 times you can save money by spending money
- Negotiating your next raise
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal