Tomato Cabbage Soup
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 Tbs. butter
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2/3 cup chopped celery
2 14-oz cans tomatoes
6 cups grated cabbage
1 cup green beans, cut into bits
1 1/2 cups sliced carrot
1/4 to 1/2 cup chili sauce (to spice it up)
1/2 tsp. salt
8 cups water
2 Tbs. beef bouillon
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
Melt butter in large pot. Sauté onions and celery until soft. Add onions and celery and remaining ingredients to crock pot. Cook all day on low, stirring occasionally if you're at home.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- How to get retired parents to spend money on themselves
- Video: Avoiding vacation debt & regret
- Let's play with edible clay!
- How to create an outside science wall for your kids
- Great ways to give gifts
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in August
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator