Tomato Cabbage Soup
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 Tbs. butter
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2/3 cup chopped celery
2 14-oz cans tomatoes
6 cups grated cabbage
1 cup green beans, cut into bits
1 1/2 cups sliced carrot
1/4 to 1/2 cup chili sauce (to spice it up)
1/2 tsp. salt
8 cups water
2 Tbs. beef bouillon
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
Melt butter in large pot. Sauté onions and celery until soft. Add onions and celery and remaining ingredients to crock pot. Cook all day on low, stirring occasionally if you're at home.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips