Tomato Cabbage Soup
courtesy of Chet's Crock
2 Tbs. butter
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2/3 cup chopped celery
2 14-oz cans tomatoes
6 cups grated cabbage
1 cup green beans, cut into bits
1 1/2 cups sliced carrot
1/4 to 1/2 cup chili sauce (to spice it up)
1/2 tsp. salt
8 cups water
2 Tbs. beef bouillon
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
Melt butter in large pot. Sauté onions and celery until soft. Add onions and celery and remaining ingredients to crock pot. Cook all day on low, stirring occasionally if you're at home.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Also In This Week's Issue
- Money skills key to child's future
- 6 steps to a successful money talk with your spouse
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Thrifty stocking stuffers
- Should your kid take a part-time job?
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Healthy family breakfasts
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free parenting tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher for Parents.